Overlook Veterinary Hospital of North Portland is looking for a Part-time Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist with at least 1yr VA experience to come, learn and develop in a fun, energetic one-doctor animal practice environment. Our tag line is “Promoting the Human-Animal bond, through quality care and medicine” and it shows! We believe in teamwork, dedication & compassion between staff and for our clientele.
We are a busy, progressive, evolving, full-service hospital w/in house lab, radiology, surgery, and dental and have access to mobile radiology and cardiology.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary assistant- someone with a positive attitude, who is dedicated, energetic and team focused. If you’re a person who is self-motivated, has the ability to multi task, and values compassion for people and their pets, we would love to see your resume!
Primary job responsibilities (include but limited to):
1. Provide assistance to veterinary technician, and the veterinarian (DVM)
2. Restrain pets for examinations and treatments.
3. Perform in house lab work
4. Dispensing medications
5. Maintain cleanliness of the hospital. (Janitorial work, laundry, stock supplies, etc.)
6. Other duties as necessary or assigned
1. At least 1yr of experience as a veterinary assistant.
2. Customer service skills.
3. Will be required to bend, stoop, stand, walk, lift, carry and handle animals weighing fifty pounds or more.
4. Must be able to work with disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
5. Experience with AVImark a PLUS!!
What we offer:
1. Strong desire to coach, train and develop
2. Small, independent hospital — cozy and personal
3. Small staff — Family like environment
4. Generous pet benefits
5. Competitive Wage
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Dyon Martin
Or drop it off at
Overlook Veterinary Hospital
2009 N. Killingsworth st
Portland, Oregon 97217