Kennel assistant wanted part-time (approximately 5-15 hours per week) to come join us at our one-doctor small animal practice @ Overlook Veterinary Hospital. We are a busy, progressive, full-service hospital. We are located in the Overlook neighborhood of North Portland (easy access off I-5 & 405). We have wonderful patients, clients, and a fun staff!
We are looking for someone who has a desire to work with dogs and cats, do all clean up and sanitation required on a daily basis. A person with dedication, positive attitude, energetic, self motivated, reliable and is a team player. Ideal position for someone beginning in the Veterinary career path.
Job duties include:
– Maintain cleanliness of the hospital. (Janitorial work, laundry, stock supplies, etc.)
– Provide assistance to veterinary technician, assistants and the veterinarian.
– Restrain pets for examinations and treatments.
– Other duties as necessary or assigned
– Will be required to bend, stoop, stand, walk, lift, carry and handle animals weighing fifty pounds or more.
– Must be able to work with disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
– Hours may vary – Afternoons: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat
To be considered for this position, please apply in person with a resume and cover letter or email your resume and coverletter Attn: Dyon at firstname.lastname@example.org